Friday, February 1, 2013

The Unexpected

No matter how much you may prepare, the unexpected can always happen. I'm one that likes to over prepare and be able to know everything to the smallest details. I knew that I literally could not know everything and that I'd have to be flexible throughout this trip, but I wasn't exactly expecting it to happen this early on... And I'm not even in Korea yet!

Sadly, my admissions packet has been lost. Some miscommunication seems to have happened, and UH can't locate the documents! Ewha notified the exchange students about three weeks ago that they had sent out the admissions packet, leaving me more and more nervous as the days passed. I had went to the office to see if maybe I missed something, but no, it was nobody's fault and sadly just a big miscommunication.

Things happen, and we can't control everything. Studying abroad is normally a process that students may go through once in their school career. It's not exactly something you can do over and over again and learn from past mistakes. When working with your home institution, host university, and planning other details for your stay abroad, bumps and miscommunications are bound to happen. We can't get everything right. I've realized that it's important to be understanding of these situations, but also must be prepared to handle and follow up on these unexpected situations.

I'm really just relieved that we know what has happened and we can move on towards getting our documents! Need to get that visa still! I've prepared all the other documents and all I need to do is simply head over to the Korean Consulate once I get my acceptance letter. I'm so thankful that UH is helping us get the documents as soon as possible though. Hopefully they can have better luck getting in touch with my school than me! Seems like Ewha is really busy preparing for the upcoming semester. And so will I!

No comments:

Post a Comment