Friday, March 1, 2013

Settling

I arrived in Korea a couple of days ago! Left on Monday to be exact.

It's been a rush getting settled here, but I'm starting to get in the groove of things. One of the hardest things for me to adapt to so far has been the timezone difference, honestly. It's always such a restless night of sleeping and I haven't been able to sleep through the night once! I guess that's the reason why I'm writing this post at 6am, Korea time. But that's just something that'll take time. 

We had orientation yesterday, and it was a great opportunity to meet some of the other international students! There were two parts to the orientation. The first was a bit like a formal introduction to the school where the vice president of the school attended and provided us with musical performances and little skits. It was about an hour or so, and then we got a break and provided us with a lunch buffet! 

Two hours after our break, the second part of orientation started, which was about all the important details during our stay at Ewha and Korea (class registration, alien registration card, etc). The second part was about an hour and a half, and then we went on a campus tour. The campus is huge! And on a hill. So there's a lot to explore, but be prepared for a lot of walking.

Ewha Campus Complex (Similar to the Campus Center of UH)

Later at night, there was a welcoming party for the international students at this club called BarFly. It was a fun way of getting to know more of the other international kids on campus! My friend was even a runner up in one of the dance competitions to be the "Dancing King."

All in all, I'm still settling in and adjusting, but I'm having a good time! There's still a lot to do like get a cellphone and start up a bank account, but I hope in the coming days that can all be accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment